Fundraising for The Laura Case Trust continues apace with many of our friends generously donating their time, energy, effort - and in Damien's case 90km of blood, sweat and tears in the hot South African sun! – to raise money for our charity.
Huge thanks from all of us go to:
- Our very own Chris Hoyle, Ben Connah who valiantly led the 6th year of what has come to be known as the Great East Anglian Bike Ride from Cambridge to Brockdish.
- Damian McCleave who was triumphant in South Africa at the Comrades Ultramarathon, running 60 miles in 11hours surviving "sun, hills and hell" in this world-renowned event.
- Trustee Samantha Clayton who persuaded 13 hardy colleagues from the Intensive Care Unit at Addenbrookes Hospital to swap their scrubs for sweats in the Cambourne 10k Run.
- Brian and Susan Foster who kindly hosted another annual lunch in support of the Trust.
- And Zoe Best for challenging herself to live on as little as £1 a day for one week, highlighting the hardships that so many in the developing world face.
In addition, we are also very grateful for the generous donations we have received from Market Securities, White Stuff, Neil Kerr, Mark Goyder, Charles and Elizabeth Handy and Mitesh Patel.